Castle Donington Museum is an award winning charity run entirely by volunteers. Our volunteer roles vary across plenty of topics, such as:
- Acting as a Steward when the museum is open to the public
- Working as a team to catalogue and care for the museum’s collection of artefacts
- Helping to look after our listed 17th Century home, and the surrounding gardens
- Publicity and forward planning
- Social and fundraising events
- Keeping our social channels and website up to date
Volunteering with us means varied and interesting opportunities to work with like-minded people, across all sorts of topics.
We’re always happy to hear from people who’d like to volunteer! Support from those interested in local history is essential for the museum to continue to develop and grow.
Where needed, training is provided, either in-house or through attending training days hosted by the East Midlands Museum Services or the Leicestershire Museum Forum. All of our volunteers are covered by our Insurance Policy whilst working on behalf of the Museum.
Volunteering at the museum can help in many ways. You can meet new people, share your skills with others and learn new ones. It can be very rewarding to volunteer – it can help to build confidence, and just like work experience it looks great on your CV.
Whether you’re 18 or 80, there’s something of interest for everyone at Castle Donington Museum!
If you’d like to get involved in any or all of the activities above, complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.