This year’s exhibition is Schools – Then & Now.
Visit the exhibition now until Sunday 29th September.
This exhibition records the development of education here in Castle Donington, from the 1700s when it was provided by the church and chapels, long before compulsory and free education was introduced in the 19th century.
Medieval May Day Market
Monday 6th May, 2019
Every year, we participate in the village’s annual Medieval May Day Market, a full day event of market stalls, performers and music on Borough Street.
Look out for the Museum’s street stall of traditional games, visit our tombola and pop in to the museum to see the exhibition.
Friday 6th December, 17:30 – 19:00
Each year the village erupts with Christmas cheer as the Christmas lights are switched on, the market place is filled with carols, reindeer and snow and shops open for late night Christmas shopping.
Join us at the museum as it is transformed into Santa’s Grotto.
Entry is free for adults, £4 for children receiving gifts.
You can find out more about our previous exhibitions below.
- 2010: The Hallaton Treasure
- 2011: Village Churches and Chapels
- 2012: Exhibition of Celebrations
- 2013: Donington Hall and the Hastings Family 1595 – 1895
- 2014: Castle Donington and The Great War
- 2015: The History of Castle Donington in Nine Objects
- 2016: Borough Street before the Great War
- 2017: Tensions and Turbulence
- 2018: Living in the past
Over the years, all of our exhibition leaflets have been designed by Tony Arrow.