Medieval May Day Market
Early May Bank Holiday
Every year, we participate in the village’s annual Medieval May Day Market, a full day event of market stalls, performers and music on Borough Street.
Look out for the Museum’s street stall of traditional games, visit our tombola and pop in to the museum to see the exhibition.
Each year the village erupts with Christmas cheer as the Christmas lights are switched on, the market place is filled with carols, reindeer and snow and shops open for late night Christmas shopping.
Join us at the museum as it is transformed into Santa’s Grotto.
You can find out more about our previous exhibitions below.
- 2000: The Romans in North West Leicestershire
- 2001: Bronze Age to Dark Age
- 2002: Books, Bells and Blackboards
- 2003: Chevening, China and Chaff
- 2004: A Friend in Deed
- 2005: Alert to All Clear
- 2006: On the Move
- 2007: Play the Game
- 2008: The Way We Were
- 2009: Pleasures, Potions and Pastimes
- 2010: The Hallaton Treasure
- 2011: Village Churches and Chapels
- 2012: Exhibition of Celebrations
- 2013: Donington Hall and the Hastings Family 1595 – 1895
- 2014: Castle Donington and The Great War
- 2015: The History of Castle Donington in Nine Objects
- 2016: Borough Street before the Great War
- 2017: Tensions and Turbulence
- 2018: Living in the past
- 2019: Schools: Then & Now
Over the years, all of our exhibition leaflets have been designed by Tony Arrow.