Exhibition 2018

title

Our brand new exhibition for 2018, Living in the Past, tells the story of five of the many old houses still surviving in this small town, the earliest being build around 1450 and the most recent around 1735. Architectural information has been obtained from Castle Donington an historic Buildings Appraisal 2000.  we have looked at who has lived in these houses over the years and have found wills and Inventories from some of them. Meet some of the occupants of these houses from long ago , the lives they led and some of the quarrels they had – the yeomen, the gentlemen, the basket maker and the Quaker lady.

The museum will also  continue to run  the ‘Castle Donington and the First World War exhibition  to commemorate the centenary of the Armistice.

Opening Hours

The exhibition runs from 31st March until 30th September 2018.

ADMISSION FREE

Saturdays 10.00am until 12.30am    Sundays & Bank Holiday Mondays  2.00pm until 4.30pm

Parties by appointment. Please ring:  07896 955242

  • house-2web
  • Pool-Close-stairsweb
  • Pool-Close-westweb
  • Dalbieweb
  • house1web