If you think you might like to volunteer with us then simply complete the Volunteering Enquiry Form, email it to Castledoningtonmuseum@gmail.com and we will be in touch for a no-obligation chat about the opportunities we have to offer.
Volunteer with Us
We can offer you an opportunity to get involved with a community project that will make the most of your existing skills, enable you to develop new ones and learn about the fascinating history of Castle Donington. We will provide all the training and support you need; indeed our volunteers are all very friendly and their enthusiasm will rub off on you!
We have opportunities to suit everyone. Click on the links to find out more about each opportunity:
- Curating the collection
- Helping look after our splendid garden
- Cataloguing and caring for the Museum’s collection.This might be accepting new objects form donors, creating catalogue entries and then entering them onto the computer.
- Checking on the condition of documents and objects and carrying out simple conservation tasks
- Looking after the Stone House, our Grade II listed home
- Creating a digital record of the collection by photographing objects and adding them to the catalogue
- Managing publicity by looking after our website and Facebook accounts as well as designing posters and flyers.
- Planning and creating new exhibitions
- Welcoming visitors to the Museum during our open season