The Museum’s exhibition is now closed. Our new exhibition will open on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays between 31st March and 30th September.
Accessibility: due to the age and listed status of the Stone House only 2 of our 3 rooms are wheelchair accessible.
Who We Are
Castle Donington Museum Trust was founded in 1994 to collect objects and documents reflecting the long and interesting history of this community overlooking the River Trent. Indeed, one of the earliest objects in the collection is a piece of timber from the first bridge over the river dating from the 1090s!
In 2001 we staged our first exhibition in our new home, the Stone House, which dated from the 1500’s and we have put on a new exhibition every year since the to reflect different aspects of life in Castle Donington over the centuries.
We are an accredited museum run entirely by volunteers and we have won many regional awards for our exhibitions, events and other projects .
Where We Are
The Stone House, 4 Apiary Gate, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2JA
Email general inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email research inquiries: email@example.com
Phone: 07895 955 242